Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Water Babies

Charles Kinglsey's creation, both manages to excite and baffle its readers. I imagine that even during the Victorian age, its readership was amused by his claim to being without moral and yet filled with passages about learning lessons... Claiming to be based on imagination but also facts, that wise men of knowledge are too blind to accept, simply because of their vast knowledge of what is already, that they cannot understand the existence of what is not visible. It's request for the suspension of disbelief is marvelous.

After reading this, I must admit I was charmed. I found it much more appetizing than Mr. Dicken's 'A Tale of Two Cities' which although full to the brim of literary stimulation, didn't seem to reel me in as much as Kinglsey's work. This may be due to the fact that my brain has a preference to childish imagination over historical substance. 

Either way one book isn't for everyone, and I was tickled by this little ditty. 
Thats all folks

Love and Peace



Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.