Saturday, April 07, 2012

G is for Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu

Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu: is an Indigenous Australian singer, who sings in the Yolngu language. He was born blind, but plays the drums, keyboards, guitar, and didgeridoo. His songs tell stories, in a couple of different languages, and are really beautiful to listen to, even if you don't understand them.

I personally like his song called Djarimirri- I'm not sure of the meaning (translations are hard to find)

And to continue this world music theme that I have going today,
G is also Gian Marco, is a Peruvian singer/songwriter, he has won a couple of Latino Grammy's, and has got a few albums out, he's been making albums for a while, but I like his songs, so I thought I would share them with you in case you hadn't heard of him. 

My favourite is 'Hasta que vuelvas conmigo'- which means until you return with me. 
Well that's all for today bloggites. 
Hope your A-Z Challenges are going well :D
Love and Peace



Share to Pinterest

3 comments:

Yeah, some great sounds there!

As always, thanks for the tunes!

Those were awesome clips! I love music posts...I find so many new artists I need to procure. Great post and happy A-Z blogging!

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.