Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Lulu and The Lampshades

LULU AND THE LAMPSHADES: originally from Bristol, UK. Started by two lovely ladies, Heloise and Luisa, as well as added bandmates Jemma and Dan, (last names not known- not that you need them to stalk this band). They have a quirky folk-pop sound. Currently unsigned, but having released an EP album titled 'Cold Water'.
My favourite is called 'Cups' the recorded version is good, but this song came into my life through a home recording, and I love how they make the sound with actual cups.

L is also for THE LOST CAVALRY: a London based band formed in 2009. They have a couple of EP albums out, but their 2011 one was titled 'Snow City Radio'. Their music is influenced by circus's and marching bands, with a combination of electronic and acoustic instruments to experiment with.
One of the songs I like is called 'Desert Tracks' (the song starts about 30 seconds into the video so bear with it) :)

Love and Peace 



Share to Pinterest

2 comments:

Oh I liked the Lost Cavalry. I'd never heard them before. Thanks!

Anna@ Herding Cats & Burning Soup

Sylvia Ney said...

Fun! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.