Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for Matthew and the Atlas

MATTHEW AND THE ATLAS: are an English band, who have an alternative folk sound. Some of their instruments include a banjo, an accordion, piano, and other usual instruments. They have released two EP albums in 2010, one titled 'To the North' the other 'Kingdom of Our Own'

My favourite song (mainly because it was the first one I heard, that made me love them) is called 'I followed fires'

The next band for M is MELODICA, MELODY AND ME: they are also a folk band, but they try and combine some ska into their songs. It's very chilled music, but has a nice beat to it underneath that keeps it happy, rather than melancholy. From Brixton, UK, they have a really nice sound. They have two EP releases, one in 2010 called 'Piece me Back Together' the other in 2011 called 'Come Outside' (with some bonus tracks on them as well)
Here is 'Piece me Back Together'
That's all for M. Have been trying to limit myself to two bands per letter, as I realize 3 is a bit of a crowd.
Love and Peace.



Share to Pinterest

1 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Hooray for the accordion! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet blog is myqualityday.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.